Air Manager won't find Air Player ARM installed on RPi 4B

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

redman

Air Manager won't find Air Player ARM installed on RPi 4B

#1 Post by redman »

Hello everyone!

I need some serious help from my fellow community and all of you fine people. Time is running out since I have a very important presentation in 3 days and I need to get my sim up and running asap.

Thing is I can't get the Air Player ARM to work. I wanted to update from the previous version so I got the new V4 license and followed every step from the Wiki instruction. Also checked the installation video which I found here and Huberflight 's description fond here:

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... a&start=10

I used a terminal, I even connected a mouse and keyboard directly to the RPi and did the installation from there, used differnt sd cards and different RPi units (RPi 4B), 32 and 64 Bit verssions of RPi software and Air Player, NOTHING. The installation is successful and I choose YES for autostart. Got the RPi connected to the routher via Ethernet cable, also tried WiFi. The Air Manager simply WONT show the RPi device pop up in its window as before. I assume that once it does m only than I need to activate the new license? For now, all my my Air Player Mini Computer and Desktop licences are available in the "order" menu in Air Manager

Any suggestions? PLEASE HELP!

P.S. I don't know if it makes a difference but I used a different PC than the one with Air Manager to run the terminal and instal the RPi. However both in the same network.

redman

Re: Air Manager won't find Air Player ARM installed on RPi 4B

#2 Post by redman »

Ok I got it to work. Trick was not to unpack the Air Player instal files NOT through a terminal on a PC but to connect the RPi to a keyboard and mouse, then download and unpack the files directly on the RPi and mark „extract files with full path”.

Now more thing. I need to get the GPIO pins to work with a phisical button and rotary encoder for the G5.

To get them work, I can’t set autostart, but choose „no” to start Air Player manually, correct? After pressing „no” I need to type in terminal sudo ./Bootloader, next reboot and that is it?

I tried the Bootloader commands after choising autostart but got „command not found” or „no such file or directory” message.

redman

#3 Post by redman »

Come on guys! There really is no one here that could help on the issue above?

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

It is better to ask these kind of questions through a support ticket.
But... in your case, you have probably download the 64 bit Air Player version and you are running a 32 bit version of the OS.
So either make sure that you install the 64 bit version of the Pi OS (by default it installs 32 bit!), or run the 32 bit version of Air Player.

redman

#5 Post by redman »

Ralph wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:11 am It is better to ask these kind of questions through a support ticket.
But... in your case, you have probably download the 64 bit Air Player version and you are running a 32 bit version of the OS.
So either make sure that you install the 64 bit version of the Pi OS (by default it installs 32 bit!), or run the 32 bit version of Air Player.
Thank you for the reply Ralph!

Indeed I am running the 64 bit Air Player but on the 64 bit version of the Raspberry OS. I have reinstalled it a number of times to make sure.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Please try the 32 bit version of Air Player.